This tomato dip has become “famous” in our circles: it makes frequent appearances as party appetizers and for baby showers! Serve with grilled bread.
For the famous tomato dip
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 15-ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the grilled bread
- 1 baguette or artisan loaf (like our artisan Dutch oven bread)
- Olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted almonds, fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, and kosher salt. Process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Scrape down the bowl. With the processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until a thick texture forms. (Store any leftovers refrigerated for 1 week.)
- For the grilled bread: Slice the baguette into slices. Brush olive oil onto each side of the bread. In a grill pan or on a grill, toast each bread slice over medium high heat until browned, a few minutes per side.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tomato Dip, Grilled Bread, Appetizer Recipes, Party Appetizers, Entertaining, Vegetarian, Vegan, Plant Based