The roasted baby potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, served with a bit of bright green chive oil and sour cream.
For the roasted baby potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
For the chive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash the potatoes and cut any larger potatoes in half. Mince the garlic. In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy cleanup). Roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To make the chive oil, place the chives (or substitute 1 bunch green onions, top green parts only) in the bowl of a food processor and process briefly to chop. Add the olive oil and kosher salt and process again until fully combined. Pass through a fine mesh sieve. (Chive oil can be stored refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
- Serve potatoes with chive oil and creme fraiche.
Chive oil adapted from Food and Wine
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted baby potatoes, Chive oil, Side Dish Recipes, Side Dish, Red Potato Recipes, Baby Potatoes, Baby Potato Recipes