Roasted onions are a healthy side dish that’s easy and full of flavor! Pair the tender, caramelized onions with balsamic and thyme.
- 3 large onions (we used 2 red onion and 1 white onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the onions into wide strips (French cut). Toss them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the onions on the baking sheet and roast 30 minutes. Remove from oven, stir and add the thyme.
- Continue cooking 15 to 25 or so minutes, until tender. Taste and add another 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more as necessary. Serve immediately or store leftovers refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Roasted onions