Oven roasted green beans are full of big flavor! A hot oven makes them juicy and tender, and they’re spritzed with zingy fresh lemon.
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the green beans and trim off the ends (here’s how to trim green beans…fast!).
- In a bowl, combine the beans with the olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place the beans on the pan and roast for about 13 to 15 minutes, until just tender and lightly browned (before they get to dark brown).
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small dry frying pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and chop.
- When beans are finished roasting, add squeezes of lemon juice and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roastsed
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Roasted green beans