No need to peel this squash! This easy roasted delicata squash comes out sweet and tender every time. Here’s exactly how to cook it.
- 2 pounds delicata squash (2 medium to large)*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash the squash. Cut it in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Cut each half into 1/2-inch half-moon shaped slices.
- Place the slices in a bowl. Mix with the olive oil, kosher salt, and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the squash on the sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until tender and slightly browned. Eat immediately. (Store leftovers refrigerated and reheat in a 400 degree oven.)
*Double to make heartier servings for feeding 4 to 6.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegetable
Keywords: Roasted Delicata Squash, How to Cook Delicata Squash