Here’s how to make roasted carrots and onions: an easy healthy side dish! Perfectly tender and charred, they’ll be gone in a flash.
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (8 to 10 medium to large carrots)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the carrots and slice them on the bias about 1/4-inch thick. Slice the onions into 1/2-inch strips (we like to use the French cut method; see above).
- In a large bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, thyme, and salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the carrots and onions and stir to evenly coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the carrots and onions onto the sheet, and spread them into an even layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove the tray, stir and roast 10 to 15 minutes more (30 to 35 minutes total), depending on the thickness of the carrots. Taste and add about 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted carrots and onions