Oven baking this healthy veggie gives it new flavor: sweet and tender! Serve these tasty roasted cabbage wedges with a tangy vinaigrette and Parmesan.
For the cabbage
- 1 medium green or Savoy cabbage
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges of a similar size. Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle each side of the cabbage with a little olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Use your hands to mix the olive oil to lightly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast until browned on the outside and tender, 25 to 30 minutes total, flipping the wedges at 15 minutes. (The timing will depend on the size, so larger wedges may need a bit more time.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together the sherry vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Then whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until a creamy emulsion forms.
- When the cabbage is done, remove from the oven and place each wedge on a plate. Drizzle with the vinaigrette to taste and top with grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese.
Adapted from The Yellow House
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted cabbage wedges, Roasted cabbage, Cabbage recipes