Roasted black beans are the best easy healthy snack! Crispy and spiced with cumin and garlic, they’re plant based…and hard to stop eating.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and drain the black beans, shaking off as much water as possible. Place them on a towel and gently pat dry (be careful because they are easy to smash).
- In a medium bowl, stir together black beans with the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- Pour black beans onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them into a single layer. Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes until crispy and dry, stirring at 30 minutes.
- The exact bake time depends on the brand of beans, so watch closely in the final minutes, taste test, and remove when the black beans are browned but before they become very dark and hard. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before storing; the black beans will crisp up even more as they cool. Store in an airtight container in a dry cupboard for up to 1 week.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Roasted Black Beans