Raspberries and cream is the perfect no-fuss treat for anyone with a bit of a sweet tooth: fresh ripe berries with hand-whipped sweetened cream.
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pistachios, crushed
- Place a large bowl in the freezer to chill for a few minutes.
- Place the raspberries in a small bowl; sprinkle them with the granulated sugar and stir to combine. Let the berries sit while making the whipped cream.
- Combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the chilled bowl. With a large whisk, whip the cream by moving the whisk back and forth quickly (try not to whisk in a circular motion). Whip to your desired thickness. (Tip: Place the bowl in the sink to whip the cream so that it is a bit lower than a table, which makes the whisking motion easier.)
- To serve, layer the raspberries, cream and pistachios in small glasses or bowls.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Whipped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Raspberries and cream, Whipped cream recipe, Sweetened whipped cream, homemade whipped cream