These quick baked potatoes roast up in half the time! This easy trick will become your go-to for making a perfect potato in just 30 minutes.
- 4 medium russet potatoes*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes and slice them in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the potatoes on top and rub them with olive oil, just enough to coat. Sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Turn the potatoes cut side down and prick the tops several times with fork.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 25 to 35 minutes depending on the exact size of the potatoes. Prick them with a fork to assess doneness. Taste and add an additional sprinkle of salt if necessary.
- To serve as a traditional baked potato, just mash the tops lightly with a fork. Serve immediately.
*This recipe is easy to double: just roast 2 sheets! The bake time will need to be increased by a few minutes since there will be more volume roasting at once. Just bake until tender!
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Quick Baked Potatoes, Quick Baked Potato, Baked Potato