Pumpkin mousse shooters are pumpkin pie filling made into a shot glass desserts! This healthy pumpkin mousse is vegan and gluten free.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight.
- When ready to prepare, open the coconut milk and remove the hardened coconut cream; place it in the bowl of a stand mixer or a bowl for hand mixing (discard the remaining liquid). Using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whip the cream for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree, 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Then fold in the coconut cream with a spatula and mix until fully combined. Chill prior to serving.
- Divide the mixture into 4 shot glasses, placing some pepitas the middle of the shot glass, then on top of the mousse. Dust with additional cinnamon and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mousse, Pumpkin Mousse, Pumpkin Recipes, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dessert, Vegan Dessert