The best fall breakfast? Try this pumpkin French toast! It’s fluffy and sweet, scented with warm spices and drizzled with maple syrup.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (whole or 2%*)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 slices bread from Italian or French loaf, sourdough, challah, or brioche loaf (cut 3/4” thick)**
- 2 tablespoons butter, for cooking
- In a wide shallow bowl or container, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and kosher salt.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Soak each side of 4 slices of bread in the egg mixture until it becomes saturated (about 10 to 15 seconds per side for an artisan or sourdough bread**). Place the bread on the hot skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and 4 slices bread. Serve immediately with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pumpkin French toast