This pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe is decadent and moist! Rich chocolate and cozy spices are the ideal pairing.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon allspice, and ½ teaspoon nutmeg)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups [210 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (or mini, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch aluminum bread pan, then add parchment paper cut so that it fits the width and extends on both long sides, to easily remove the bread once its baked.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Then whisk in the pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and kosher salt. Then whisk in the baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle in the flour, half at a time, and mix with a spatula until just combined and there are no more dry bits (don’t over-stir). Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick comes out with a few clinging crumbs. Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and pull up on the parchment paper to remove the bread. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Slice into pieces and serve. Stores for 4 days at room temperature wrapped in foil, 10 days in the refrigerator (bring to room temperature before serving), or freeze in slices for a few months.
- Category: Quick bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Fall
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pumpkin chocolate chip bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread with chocolate chips