This simple potato flatbread pizza requires very little prep work and features fresh herbs, thinly sliced potatoes, and garlic.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful each fresh thyme and oregano
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Prepare the dough using the stand mixer or food processor method, following the preparation instructions in the recipe if made in advance.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Thinly slice the potato (using a mandoline, if possible). Mince the 2 cloves garlic. Coarsely chop the thyme and oregano. Wash and dry the arugula, and toss it with a bit of olive oil.
- When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into the desired shape (circular or rectangular). Place the dough on a floured pizza peel, or pull the pizza stone out of the oven and carefully place the dough on it.
- Drizzle olive oil over the dough and sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt and the minced garlic. Top with the potato slices, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle on the herbs and some more kosher salt.
- Transfer the flatbread to the oven and bake until the potatoes are cooked through and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then top with the fresh arugula and serve.
The prep time listed above only applies if the pizza dough is already made. If you still need to make the dough, allow yourself around 90 minutes to prep all the ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: potato flatbread, how to make flatbread pizza, potato pizza