This portobello sandwich stars a mix of roasted portobello mushrooms, crunchy veggies, and creamy horseradish sauce. It’s to die for!
- 6 medium (4 large) or 12 ounces portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 artisan buns
- Baby arugula or greens, for serving
- Pickles, for serving
- Sliced white onion, for serving
- 1 recipe Horseradish Sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4” thick slices. Place them in a large bowl and mix with the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and kosher salt.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the mushrooms in a single layer on top. Place it in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Horseradish Sauce. Toast the buns (if desired).
- When ready to assemble, place baby arugula on the buns and place strips of mushrooms on top. Add white onion slices, pickles, and horseradish sauce, and top with the bun.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Sandwich
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Portobello sandwich, portobello mushroom sandwich