This pomegranate shaved Brussels sprout salad tastes like a bowl of vibrant confetti, and will leave you glowing from the inside out.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts*
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds*
- 1 apple
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Shred the Brussels sprouts: see the video below or go to How to Shred Brussels Sprouts.
- Seed the pomegranate: Go to How to Cut a Pomegranate.
- Cut the apple into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice the shallot into rings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until thick and emulsified.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together. Serve immediately.
Buying shredded Brussels sprouts and shelled Pomegranate seeds can help cut down prep time. We’ve heard shredded Brussels sprouts are available at Trader Joe’s!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad, Pomegranate, Brussels Sprout Salad, Salad, Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free