This pomegranate salad is absolutely irresistible! It stars a sweet tart salad dressing and the vibrant crunch of pomegranate seeds.
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 medium pomegranate)
- 1 shallot
- 1 Granny Smith apple or Bosc pear
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or glazed pecans*
- 1 recipe Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing or Pomegranate Vinaigrette (or dress with olive oil and pomegranate molasses)
- 3 ounces (6 cups) mixed greens
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese or feta (omit for vegan)
- Cut and seed the pomegranate.
- Thinly slice the shallot. Thinly slice the apple (and toss it with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar if desired to prevent browning).
- Toast the pecans (don’t skip: this brings out the nutty flavor). Alternatively, make glazed pecans.
- Make the Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing or Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
- Place the greens on a platter. Top with the pomegranate seeds, sliced shallot, toasted pecans, and goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles. Toss with the desired amount of dressing to taste. (Store the extra dressing refrigerated and warm to room temperature and whisk again before using.)
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pomegranate salad