Poached salmon is one fast and easy way to cook this healthy fish! It comes out perfectly tender and flavorful.
- 1 1/2 pounds or 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, wild caught if possible
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 handful dill sprigs, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons capers, plus more for serving
- Optional: serve with Lemon Dill Sauce, Caper Sauce, or Lemon Butter Sauce
- Pat the salmon dry and season generously with the salt and several grinds of black pepper.
- In a large skillet, place the white wine or broth, water, lemon slices, dill sprigs, and capers. Place salmon pieces on top, skin side down.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook 7 minutes for thin salmon and 10 minutes for thick salmon, until the fish is tender and cooked through and the internal temperature is between 125 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit when probed in the center.
- Remove from the pan and place on a platter. If desired, serve with additional capers, fresh lemon slices and dill sprigs.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Poached salmon