This homemade pizza sauce recipe gets rave reviews! It uses only 5 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes in a blender: no cooking required.
- 15 ounces crushed fire roasted tomatoes*
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic (1/2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut the garlic into a few rough pieces (no need to mince it).
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until fully combined. (This pizza sauce is Italian-style, which has a slightly runnier texture than American style pizza sauce. See the video for the desired texture!) Store refrigerated for 1 week or frozen up to 3 months.
*If at all possible, try to find fire roasted tomatoes! They’re available at many mainstream groceries these days and have a mellow, sweet flavor. If you absolutely cannot find them, use a high quality brand of crushed tomatoes. Inspired by Flour Water Salt Yeast
- Category: Sauce
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pizza Sauce Recipe, Pizza Sauce, Homemade Pizza Sauce