This KitchenAid pizza dough has been made by thousands and become their go to pizza dough recipe! It turns out perfectly every time in the stand mixer.
- 450 grams (3 cups) flour
- 2 teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon (1 glug) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 pinches) kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- Start out by watching our Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Video to get a feel for the process.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients (except cornmeal). Leave out a small amount of the water.
- Using the dough hook from the mixer, stir until a loose dough forms. If a dough doesn’t form, add the rest of the water. If the dough is extremely wet and sticky, and a pinch of flour.
- Attach the dough hook to the mixer and start on a low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until a ball forms. This should take about 30 seconds. If the dough does not release from the sides of the bowl, add a pinch of flour. If the dough is very dry and floury, add a small amount of water.
- Once the dough forms into a ball, allow the mixer to knead for 8 minutes at medium-high.
- After the kneading is finished, divide the dough in half. Using floured hands, gently shape each dough into a boule. Set each boule on a floured surface and dab with a little bit of olive oil to keep moist. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To stretch the dough, pick up the risen dough and gently shape it into a circle. Do not over-work or fold the dough. Drape the dough over both of your knuckles and rotate it around, allowing gravity to stretch it into a circle. If the dough starts to resist stretching, put it down and allow it to rest for a few minutes, at which point it will stretch more easily.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cornmeal onto a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Place the stretched dough onto the peel and quickly add toppings. Cook at 500° for 5-7 minutes until browned. Enjoy!
Start this recipe about an hour before you want to make your pizza. Start pre-heating your oven 15 minutes into the rise time.
Keywords: pizza dough, pizza, stand mixer, mixer, kitchenaid, kitchenaid pizza dough