This KitchenAid pizza dough has been made by thousands and become their go to pizza dough recipe! It turns out perfectly every time in the stand mixer. For the best possible pizza dough, we recommend this pizza stone. Here’s why we love it.
- 450 grams (3 cups) flour
- 2 teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon (1 glug) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon (2 large pinches) kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- Start out by watching our Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Video to get a feel for the process.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients (except cornmeal). Leave out a small amount of the water.
- Using the dough hook from the mixer, stir until a loose dough forms. If a dough doesn’t form, add the rest of the water. If the dough is extremely wet and sticky, and a pinch of flour.
- Attach the dough hook to the mixer and start on a low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until a ball forms. This should take about 30 seconds. If the dough does not release from the sides of the bowl, add a pinch of flour. If the dough is very dry and floury, add a small amount of water.
- Once the dough forms into a ball, allow the mixer to knead for 8 minutes at medium-high.
- After the kneading is finished, divide the dough in half. Using floured hands, gently shape each dough into a boule. Set each boule on a floured surface and dab with a little bit of olive oil to keep moist. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (You can freeze pizza dough you don’t plan to use the day of.)
- To stretch the dough, pick up the risen dough and gently shape it into a circle. Do not over-work or fold the dough. Drape the dough over both of your knuckles and rotate it around, allowing gravity to stretch it into a circle. If the dough starts to resist stretching, put it down and allow it to rest for a few minutes, at which point it will stretch more easily.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cornmeal onto a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Place the stretched dough onto the peel and quickly add toppings. Cook at 500° for 5-7 minutes until browned. Enjoy!
Start this recipe about an hour before you want to make your pizza. Start pre-heating your oven 15 minutes into the rise time.
- Category: Pizza Dough
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pizza dough, pizza, stand mixer, mixer, kitchenaid, kitchenaid pizza dough