These Pizza Bagels are a quick way to pizza night! They’re cheesy, tasty, and easily customizable: you’ve got dinner in no time.
- 4 plain bagels
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder, for sprinkling
- 1 cup Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cherry tomatoes
- Smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- Other toppings: sliced black olives, green peppers, red onion, pepperoni, etc
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the bagels with olive oil on the cut side and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each with a pinch of garlic powder and kosher salt. Bake cut side up for 8 minutes until lightly crisp and golden brown on the bottom.
- While the bagels bake, prepare the toppings: thinly slice the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle each with a pinch of salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Chop the basil. Prepare any other toppings (if using, chop the green pepper and thinly slice the red onion).
- Remove the tray from the oven. Top each bagel half with about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce, 3 to 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. Add the seasoned cherry tomatoes and add a sprinkle of salt to the top of the pizza.
- Bake the bagels 6 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil, if using. Eat immediately (leftovers do not save well).
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pizza bagels