Pistachio crusted salmon is the perfect easy dinner to impress! The fish is irresistible with a crunchy topping of nuts and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound salmon fillet or fillets, skin on (wild caught if possible)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons Italian panko (or Italian breadcrumbs)*
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature and pat it dry. Season the salmon with the salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the Dijon mustard and honey, then brush it on to the fish in an even layer.
- In another small bowl, mix together the finely chopped pistachios, Italian panko, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the pistachio mixture on top of the fish.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the salmon flakes with a fork; the internal temperature should be between 125 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit in the center. Serve immediately.
*We recommend Italian panko or Italian breadcrumbs because they’re already seasoned. Panko is best since it’s the lightest and crunchiest. If all you can find is regular panko, mix 2 tablespoons panko with 1 pinch kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano and dried basil).
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Salmon
Keywords: Pistachio crusted salmon