Pistachio butter is a unique and tasty nut butter you can make at home with the raw nuts! It’s rich, creamy and lightly sweet.
- 2 cups unsalted shelled pistachios, roasted or raw*
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place the pistachios in a food processor process for about 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll see them start out crumbly, then get gradually creamier and creamier.
- Add the sugar and salt (double check that you’re using unsalted pistachios before you do!). Scrape down the bowl and process again for about 1 minute.
- Taste and add additional salt or sugar as necessary. Transfer the pistachio butter to a jar. Store refrigerated for up to 1 month.
*We don’t recommend using salted pistachios here, because the salty flavor can be too strong. Use unsalted nuts and add salt to taste. Use raw nuts for the best green color, but you can also use roasted.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pistachio butter