Here’s how to make pickled carrots! These quick pickles come together in a few minutes and you can use any carrots you have on hand.
- 8 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Wash a wide-mouth pint mason jar and its lid in hot soapy water. Then rinse and let air dry.
- Peel and cut the carrots into thin sticks, about 1/4-inch thick (if you prefer, you can slice them into rounds instead). Fill the jar with the sticks.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them in quarters. In a small saucepan, combine the garlic, vinegar, water, sugar, kosher salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Once boiling, remove from the heat and pour the brine into the jar. Tap the jar on the counter to release any air bubbles. Discard any remaining brine.
- Screw on the lid tightly and allow to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate 24 hours, then enjoy. You may want to remove the garlic after 24 hours, as the flavor intensifies over time (or leave it if you’re a garlic lover). Keeps up to 1 month refrigerated.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Pickled
- Cuisine: Pickles
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Pickled carrots, quick pickled carrots, How to pickle carrots