This pesto pizza recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and is a breeze to make if you already have pizza dough in the freezer.
- Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. Slice the tomato.
- When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see this video for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Quickly assemble the pizza. Spread the pesto over the dough, sprinkle on as much cheese as you like, add the tomato slices, and top with some fresh grated Parmesan and a pinch of salt.
- Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Try to let the pizza cool before you eat it, so you don’t burn off all your taste buds – this is always the hardest part!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto pizza recipe