This creamy pesto pasta salad recipe is easy and bursting with flavor! It’s the perfect easy summer side dish.
- 8 ounces short cut pasta (we used farfalle)
- 14 ounce can (8.5 ounce dry weight) quartered artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup basil pesto (homemade or purchased, or kale pesto or arugula pesto)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as desired
- Start a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and run cool water over it until it’s room temperature, then shake off any extra water.
- Prepare the vegetables: roughly chop the artichokes and slice the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix the pesto, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and kosher salt. Add the drained pasta, vegetables and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Taste and add another 1/4 teaspoon salt depending on the saltiness of the pesto. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days. (Allow to come to room temperature and if desired, add a pinch more salt. If the pasta salad seems dry, add a dollop of sour cream, mayo or pesto to revive the creamy texture.).
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pesto pasta salad, pesto pasta salad recipe, pasta salad with pesto