Peppermint schnapps hot chocolate is rich, creamy and delightfully minty! It’s the ideal cocktail for chilly weather.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ cup (1 ½ ounces) semisweet or dark chocolate chips*
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) 30 or 60 proof* peppermint schnapps
- Whipped cream
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and ¼ cup of the milk and whisk until the cocoa powder is mostly integrated. Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Do not boil.
- Stir in the peppermint schnapps. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream.
*Check the bottle before you make this drink! If using 100 proof (50% ABV) schnapps, skip the 2 ounces and just add a drizzle to taste.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Peppermint schnapps hot chocolate