This delicious peppermint hot chocolate is rich and creamy with a minty finish! It’s quick and easy to make homemade.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups 2% milk (or oat milk)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract*
- ¼ cup (1 ½ ounces) semisweet or dark chocolate chips**
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and ¼ cup of the milk and whisk until the cocoa powder is mostly integrated. Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream or marshmallows.
*Want to make a spiked variation? Substitute 1.5 ounces Creme de Menthe, or go to Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate.
**You can omit for a great cup of hot cocoa with a lighter flavor (and less calories). But the chocolate really adds richness in flavor. We highly recommend it!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chocolate
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Peppermint hot chocolate