This peppermint bark recipe is a breeze to make, and is the perfect gift to give during the holidays. Rich, creamy, and minty, it’s a real treat!
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 8 candy canes
- Double boiler (or sauce pan and heat-proof bowl that fits inside)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, stirring, in the double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. (Make sure no water gets mixed with the chocolate, since it can ruin the consistency.) Pour the chocolate immediately onto the baking sheet and smooth into an even layer. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Meanwhile, crush the candy canes by placing them in a plastic bag and hitting them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the white chocolate with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, stirring, in the double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Pour the white chocolate immediately over the dark chocolate on the baking sheet, and smooth it into an even layer. Top with the crushed candy canes. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- When the chocolate has set, peel off the foil or paper and break the bark into small pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint bark recipe