These peanut butter pancakes are fluffy and full of flavor! Top them with bananas, maple syrup and…another slather of peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg (for vegan, replace with 1/4 cup dairy free milk)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk of choice (2% or dairy free)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder sugar, and kosher salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, peanut butter and milk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Lightly grease a skillet with butter and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over low heat. Pour the batter into small circles (a little less than 1/4 cup each). Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden: low and slow is the key! Then flip them and cook until done.
- Add a tiny splash of milk to the batter so that it is pourable. Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as necessary (the skillet can get very hot on the second batch). Place the cooked pancakes under an inverted bowl to keep them warm. Serve immediately with maple syrup and if desired, a slather of peanut butter.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Peanut butter pancakes, Peanut butter pancakes recipe