These peanut butter oatmeal bars are the best trick! They’re no bake, easy and healthy; and the flavor is out of this world.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added, or sunflower butter for nut free)
- 1/2 cup honey (or 1/2 cup agave syrup* for vegan)
- 4 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (2 large squares)
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9 x 9 pan. Place the ingredients in the pan and press it into an even layer. Use a small glass to roll over the top to get it smooth.
- Freeze the bars for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the freezer and use the parchment to lift it out of the pan. Cut into 20 rectangles (4 x 5 inches) or 40 small rectangles.
- In the microwave with short intervals or over a double boiler, melt the chocolate, stirring until it comes together into a glossy chocolate. If using the microwave, use short bursts of 10 seconds or so and stir after each: be careful not to overheat the chocolate or get any water in the chocolate, which will cause it to seize up. When melted, drizzle over the bars and allow to cool. You can eat right away, or refrigerate for about 1 hour for a more solid texture. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks (or frozen for several months, placing wax paper between the layers).
*Maple syrup is generally our sweetener of choice, but the flavor and texture of honey really make these bars. Since maple syrup is not as sticky as honey, for vegan substitute we recommend agave syrup.
- Category: Dessert or Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Peanut butter oatmeal bars, No bake oatmeal bars, Healthy bars