This tomato and peach salad is summer at its finest! Ripe tomatoes and peaches are mixed with onion, peppery basil, salty feta, and a tangy vinaigrette.
- ½ red onion
- 2 large peaches
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Thinly slice the red onion; place it in a small bowl and cover in cold water. Squeeze and release the onion slices about 5 to 6 times; drain the water and repeat the squeeze and rinse cycle 2 more times. Place the slices back in the bowl and cover with cold water while assembling the salad.
- Dice the peaches and tomatoes. Slice the basil into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sherry vinegar, olive oil, honey, 2 pinches kosher salt, and several grinds fresh ground pepper.
- Drain the onions and squeeze them dry. In a large bowl, gently mix together onions with tomatoes, peaches, basil, and dressing, and a few pinches kosher salt. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peach salad, Tomato peach salad, Peach and tomato salad