This peach salad recipe is irresistibly fresh! Pair the juicy fruit with cheese crumbles, toasted nuts, and a balsamic vinaigrette.
For the salad
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 6 to 8 cups mixed greens (we like a mix of butter lettuce and other greens)
- 3 small (or 2 large) ripe peaches
- 1 handful red onion slices
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained (or fresh corn or grilled corn)
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (or feta cheese; omit for vegan)
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Toast the almonds: Place the nuts in a dry skillet (no oil) over medium heat. Heat, shaking the pan and stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the nuts are fragrant and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove immediately from the heat and transfer to a plate to stop the cooking.
- Prep the fresh ingredients: Slice the peaches. Thinly slice the onion.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, kosher salt, and several grinds of fresh ground black pepper until thick and emulsified.
- Serve: To serve, top the greens with the peaches, almonds, red onion, goat cheese, and corn, then drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Peach salad, peach salad recipe, salad with peaches