Here’s a pea shoots recipe for when you find them at the farmer’s market! This fancy toast features a chickpea mash, cream cheese, and pea shoots.
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 6 slices peasant bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese or yogurt cheese / labneh (we used local Honey Lemon Greek Yogurt Cheese from Trader’s Point Creamery)
- 1 bunch pea shoots
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, if using canned. In a small bowl, mash together chickpeas, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper using a fork.
- Cut the slices of bread and toast them if desired. Place each bread slice open-face on a plate, spread with cream cheese and chickpea mash, and top with pea shoots.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pea Shoots Recipe, Pea Shoots, Fancy Toast, Chickpea Recipes, Lunch Ideas, Vegetarian Lunch Ideas