Pancakes without eggs are even better than the classic recipe! A secret ingredient makes these vegan flapjacks over the top delicious.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter (or sunflower butter for nut free)
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice (2%, oat milk or almond milk)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, sugar, and kosher salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the oil and peanut butter. Add it to the batter, then immediately add the milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Lightly grease a skillet with coconut oil and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet over low heat. Pour the batter into small circles (a little less than 1/4 cup each). Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden: low and slow is the key! Then flip them and cook until done. Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as necessary (the skillet can get very hot on the second batch). Place the cooked pancakes under an inverted bowl to keep them warm. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pancakes without eggs, pancake recipe without eggs