This easy pancake recipe comes out tender and fluffy with basic ingredients! Here’s how to make the best everyday flapjack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then whisk in the milk, melted butter (or oil), vanilla extract, and lemon juice (or vinegar).
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. (It will thicken after it sits 1 to 2 minutes.)
- Lightly butter a skillet or griddle and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet to medium low heat. Pour the batter into small circles (about 1/4 cup). Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden. Then flip them and cook until cooked through.
- Place the cooked pancakes under an inverted bowl to keep them warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain an even temperature. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
*Adding an acidic ingredient helps to make fluffy pancakes. If you don’t have fresh lemon juice on hand, use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pancake recipe, pancakes recipe, easy pancake recipe, how to make pancakes