This overnight oats recipe is the epitome of a healthy, easy breakfast! Here’s how to make it, with lots of tips and topping ideas.
- 3/4 cup rolled Old Fashioned oats*
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (2%, oat milk, or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Topping ideas: berries, banana slices, diced apple, peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, toasted nuts, dried fruit, maple syrup, etc.
- Place the oats, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a small jar with a cover and stir or shake to combine.
- Leave in the refrigerator or overnight. The oats are best the next day, but you can store 2 to 3 days (the texture becomes more sticky). This oatmeal is meant to be enjoyed cold straight from the refrigerator. Add toppings and enjoy! If you’d like, you also can microwave the jar for about 40 to 60 seconds.
*Do not use steel cut oats.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Overnight oats, overnight oats recipe, how to make overnight oats