Here’s how to make the original Mai Tai recipe! Gather the ingredients for this tropical rum drink that’s as complex as it is fruity.
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) aged rum
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) orange liqueur: Curaçao, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) orgeat syrup
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) dark rum
- For the garnish: Fresh mint, cocktail cherry, pineapple slice, lime wedge
- Place the aged rum, orange liqueur, lime juice, and orgeat syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into an ice-filled glass. Top with the dark rum. Garnish with fresh mint, a lime wedge, cocktail cherry and pineapple slice.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Orgeat, Orgeat syrup, Orgeat cocktails