Orange sherbet is simple to make and much tastier than store-bought! This creamy nostalgic recipe is full of tangy flavor.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (100% natural juice or fresh squeezed)*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
Note: Make sure the base of the ice cream maker is frozen overnight before making this recipe.
- In a pitcher, whisk together the sugar, kosher salt, and orange juice until dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla extra and whole milk.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 20 to 25 minutes, until the texture becomes frosty and creamy. Line a container with parchment paper and add the orange sherbet; place it in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours to allow it to come to a scoopable texture. Store in a parchment lined sealed container for up to 1 week; allow to come to room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping.
*Want to punch up the orange flavor even more? Add 1/2 teaspoon orange zest and blend all ingredients in a blender prior to churning.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Orange sherbet