Here’s how to make the best roasted okra around! Baking it in a hot oven might be the best way to cook this green vegetable.
- 12 ounces okra
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice each okra pod in half. Place the okra in a medium bowl and mix with the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and kosher salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pods face-down on the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for about 15 minutes until tender and lightly crisped at the edges. Serve immediately (best eaten right out of the oven, but you can refrigerate leftovers if desired).
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Okra recipes