This oatmeal smoothie recipe is a creamy and delicious way to get your whole grains! Blend it up with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon.
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned rolled oats (or up to 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (or omit yogurt and use 3/4 cup oat milk for vegan)
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas (room temperature)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ice cubes
- Maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- Add the ingredients to a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Taste: depending on the ripeness of the bananas, you may want to add a drizzle of maple syrup. Eat immediately or store 1 day in a sealed jar; if it separates, shake to re-integrate it.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
Keywords: Oatmeal smoothie, oatmeal smoothie recipe, banana oatmeal smoothie, peanut butter banana oatmeal smoothie