Here’s how to make Nicoise salad dressing! This easy and zingy lemon vinaigrette is the ideal complement, inspired by Julia Child.
- 1/2 large lemon (1 tablespoon lemon zest + 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more if needed
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Serve with: Classic Nicoise Salad
- Zest the lemon. Sprinkle it with the kosher salt, then mince it as fine as possible. Holding the blunt edge of the knife, scrape the sharp edge of the blade over the minced lemon zest, holding the knife at an angle and mashing the lemon zest into a paste. This should only take a minute or two and it doesn’t need to be perfect: just try to get the lemon zest as fine as possible.
- Place the lemon zest in a medium bowl and it whisk together with the mustard and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time (8 tablespoons total), until creamy and emulsified. If desired, season with additional salt. Serve with Classic Nicoise Salad.
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: French inspired
Keywords: Nicoise salad dressing