A flavorful appetizer, this easy bruschetta is spread with tangy goat cheese and topped with mushrooms sauteed with fresh herbs and lemon.
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 4 ounces mushrooms (for example, baby bellas and shiitakes)
- 1 large handful fresh thyme
- 1 large handful fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cut the bread into slices, and brush each side with olive oil. Cook on a griddle on the stovetop, about 1 minute per side.
- Wipe any dirt from the mushrooms and slice them. Coarsely chop the thyme and oregano. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the mushrooms, herbs, a few pinches kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper, and saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, and add a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it in half. Rub the cut end of the garlic on the top of each bread slice. Spread some goat cheese over each slice, then top with the warm mushrooms.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy bruschetta, Goat cheese bruschetta, Bruschetta pronounce, Appetizer Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Recipes for Entertaining