This flavorful roasted portobello mushroom salad features Manchego cheese, mixed greens, and a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mixed greens
- Manchego cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roast the portobello mushrooms: Slice the portobello mushrooms. In a bowl, toss mushrooms with enough olive oil to lightly coat and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Make the dressing: Meanwhile, mince the garlic. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. (Vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks; make sure to bring to room temperature and shake well before serving.)
- To serve, place the greens on a plate and top with warm mushrooms, cheese shavings, and vinaigrette.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: portobello salad, mixed green salad