Make a mezcal margarita for a smoky spin on the classic! It’s tangy and smoke-forward, giving this popular cocktail a rich depth.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) mezcal
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) tequila blanco or reposado
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime circle
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt (or for a festive look, use Margarita Salt).
- Place the mezcal, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Mezcal vs tequila