The mezcal Negroni puts a smoky spin on this classic cocktail! The way the smoke of mezcal balances the bitter Campari makes an even better drink.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) mezcal
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet or semi-sweet red vermouth
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Campari
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- For the garnish: Orange peel
- Combine the mezcal, sweet vermouth, and Campari in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to a lowball or Old Fashioned glass, and strain the drink into the glass (or you can use a cocktail glass without ice).
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Mezcal negroni, How to make a mezcal Negroni, Campari drinks, Mezcal drinks