Love martinis and margaritas? Now you don’t have to choose. This Mexican martini is full of zingy flavor, with lime, tequila and an olive garnish.
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) tequila blanco or reposado*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce dry white vermouth
- Kosher salt, for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wedge and olive
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a martini glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of kosher salt.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and dry vermouth to a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake it until cold.
- Strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and olive.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Mexican martini