This tangy and tasty Mediterranean bulgur salad features bulgur wheat, garlic, tomatoes, lemon, and lots of fresh parsley.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups fine- or medium-grind bulgur wheat*
- 4 medium tomatoes (enough for 2 finely diced)
- 3 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley (one large bunch)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt to 1 ½ cups water and bring it to a boil. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour over the boiling salted water. Cover and allow to sit until tender: about 7 minutes for fine-grind and 15 minutes for medium-grind bulgur.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the tomatoes, removing the core and seeds. Thinly slice the green onions and mince the garlic. Chop the fresh parsley and fresh mint. Zest 1 lemon.
- When the bulgur is finished, fluff it with a fork. Add tomatoes, green onions, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, a few pinches kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Stir gently to combine. Serve with additional lemon wedges.
*Avoid coarse or extra-coarse bulgur, since the cooking instructions are different.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Bulgur Salad, Bulgur Salad, Summer Salad, Salad Recipes, Bulgur Wheat, Tomato Salad, Parsley Recipes