This Mediterranean bowl is bursting with fresh ingredients! Roasted vegetables, couscous and lemon tahini sauce make a satisfying meal.
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), diced into half-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa (or 1 cup couscous)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- Mixed salad greens, for serving
- 1 recipe Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, red pepper and red onion. Toss with the olive oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the kosher salt. Then toss with the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, and cinnamon.
- Divide the vegetables evenly between the two baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir. Roast another 5 to 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa (or make Easy Couscous): Rinse the quinoa in cold water using a fine mesh strainer, then drain it and shake out the remaining water. Place it in a saucepan with 1 3/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low where the water is just bubbling. Cover the pot and simmer where the water is just bubbling for about 15 to 18 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed. Check by pulling back the quinoa with a fork to see if water remains. Turn off the heat and let sit with the lid on to steam for 5 minutes, then fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Make the Lemon Tahini Dressing.
- To serve, place the roasted vegetables over the couscous and salad greens in shallow bowls. Add piles of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Mediterranean bowl