This matcha smoothie recipe is a great way to get all the benefits of green tea: while sipping on a delicious fruity drink!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or omit for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy, oat or coconut)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional; or vanilla protein powder)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. If desired you can blend without sweetener first and taste before adding. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary and adding a splash more milk if necessary. Serve immediately, or store up to 1 day refrigerated (the bitter flavor comes out more as it sits, so you may need to adjust with sweetener after storing).
*For the brightest green color and best flavor, we recommend this Ceremonial Grade Matcha. This Latte Grade Matcha also works, but has a more muted color and bitter flavor. Avoid Cooking Grade Matcha here; the flavor isn’t up to snuff.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Matcha smoothie